Are you like me? Do you have detailed plans to cross off everything on your to do list? Well, if you are like me, you will find that it is easier said than done to actually complete everything on the to-do list.
This weekend my to-do list included:
- Take down the houses from the Christmas village…I know, I know I should leave the village up since December is so close, but the dust on the houses needs to be cleaned off before it starts to resemble gray snow.
- Clean the outside of the fridge.
- Move all school papers from 2009-2010 school year to storage room.
My list wasn’t long. My list wasn’t easy either. Here’s how I did on working through my to-do list:
- The holiday village is still up. Maybe I will find the time this week to dust off and put away the houses since I didn’t get to this task on my to-do list. Can’t cross this one off the list…yet.
- The fridge is gleaming. It’s so bright and shiny. I removed all the papers and notes attached by magnets. I hung all the new school lunch menus, schedules, and homework calendars on the newly clean fridge. Looks good. I crossed this task off the list!
- The school papers are now in bags, but the bags are not in the storage room. Can’t cross this off the list yet as the task is not complete…next week?!?
- Laundry…hmmmm…I’ll be right back as I need to get on top of the laundry pile once and for all.
Chances are you will get on top of one thing this week. What do you think you will do? Is it a big task or a teeny tiny one? Reorganizing the garage? Sorting the buttons? Hemming a pair of pants? Cooking a dinner that you can reheat during the week? Something. Anything. Just get on top of it. Cross it off your list.
Either way when you complete the task, go to the Cozi Facebook page. Post what you got on top of on the Cozi calendar facebook page. You could win $1000. Now for a $1000 even I could get motivated to dust off and finally put away the holiday village! The only catch is that you must post on Facebook or tweet what you crossed off your to do list by September 13 — I’m On top Of It Day!
Cozi Calendar is an online calendar for moms and dads on the go. With Cozi you can list the schedule, events, doctors’ appointments for each each person in your family. From the bay’s well visit to the preschool letter of the day to date night, Cozi can help you stay on top of tasks.
I wrote this post as part of a back-to-school/family scheduling campaign for Cozi. I was compensated for promoting the campaign. The views expressed in the post are my own.