The DS? I have no recollection the exact moment when I first saw one. But, I probably saw a kid sitting on the sidelines playing with one at (a) basketball practice, (b) soccer practice, or (c) swim practice. Practice can be long and boring for a younger sibling.
My youngest started attending his sister’s sports practices when he was about 2 months old. I took him to t-ball practice on a rainy day in May ’03. He was a tiny baby — well actually he was a big baby, but compared to all the 5-year-old’s playing t-ball he was a munchkin.
I knew I would have to take him to practices, games, and activities, so I made sure that the stroller I purchased had very large wheels, a seat that reclined all the way back, and a snack tray for him and a coffee cup/water bottle tray for me. I. was. prepared. for. anything. when. I took. my. baby. to. a. sports. practice.
Stroller days are long gone now, but I still have to bring my son to volleyball practices and all-day tournaments. It would be cruel and unusual punishment to make him sit on the sidelines for hours. We usually watch a game then run an errand together. The Nintendo DS Lite is his go-to toy on the sidelines of the game. He could play for hours…I don’t let him, but he would like to!
My tween tested SimAnimals Africa for wii. I have a copy of Sim Animals Africa for the DS…read on. This game allows 1 player to:
- Interact with exotic animals in the wild
- Journey through the jungles and savannas of Africa
- Discover wild animals’ secret abilities
- Solve challenges to unlock items, animals, and levels
- Collect unique items to receive badges
My tween had fun playing with the onscreen safari animals in SimAnimals Africa. She’s an animal lover living in a house with a dad with allergies, a mom who is not fond of animals, and a teen who is a combination of mom and dad. Only her 6-year-old brother would join her on her quest for a pet…any pet…just not a fish. One day when her school had take Your Pet to School Day she said with exasperation “What am I supposed to do? Carry the fish to school in a bucket!”
Giveaway for Musings from Me reader! I have ONE copy of SimAnimals Africa for DS for one lucky reader. One comment = one entry. Enter now!
– What was your favorite game to play a a child? I loved Snake and Ladders.
– Subscribe to this blog via reader.
– Subscribe to this blog via e-mail.
– Grab my blog button, put it on your sidebar, and leave a comment. If you have a button, let me know and I will add it to my sidebar.
– Follow me on Twitter.
– Tweet this giveaway: @MusingsfromMe is giving away a Sims Animals Africa for DS game! Enter now: http://tinyurl.com/ybmjgk8!
– Fan me on Facebook.
I was given the game for review. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends January 31, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.