My son is the most excited package receiver…ever. At 7 he will still bound out of the house, off his scooter, out of the van to get the mail. He was about 5 when I started blogging, so for him the packages that arrive at our doorstep seem very normal. His teen sister only gets excited when the package is obviously for her. My tween daughter occasionally has her interest piqued by an odd-shaped or curious looking package, but mostly lets her overzealous brother do the tearing open of the packages.
I let slip that a package arrived while my son was at school one day. There was no turning back. I had to let my son open the package as the Thanksgiving Holiday was in the offing. As a reward for doing his homework without complaint, chores with pouting, and bedtime without shenanigans…he earned the right to play Just Dance for Kids.
He’s old enough that he tore open the game and commenced playing without any assistance from me. I heard the music from the other room. He was happily occupied for close to 30 minutes before I poked my head around the door of the family room. I saw him waving his arms madly and dancing up a storm. I don’t think I have seen him dance that wildly since the school Hoe Down where I feared for his partner as he swung her about the square.
Just Dance Kids was a hit both from the perspective of watching my son cut the rug and my trip down memory lane listening to the songs on the game. A sampling of songs…
- Kung Fu Fighting
- Here We Go Again
- Surfin USA
- One Time
We have yet to play the game as a family as our house was hit by the stomach bug. Yuck. My son can vouch that he loved Just Dance Kids for the Wii system.
The game has a huge selection of favorite songs, crazy dances, and all-new kid-friendly game play. The over 40 fun dances were created by choreographers and led by kids. As we know kids love watching other kids singing, playing, and acting on screen. My normally only plays Lego Star Wars games son was totally engaged in the dancing as he followed the moves of the kids on the screen.
Other features of Just Dance Kids
- Younger kids will love dancing to their favorite TV shows and television personalities, including The Wiggles and Yo Gabba Gabba!
- Classic kids songs will appeal to even the youngest at home –“Wheels on the Bus,” “The Alphabet Song,” and more!
- Party fun for family and friends with pick-up-and-play game mechanics make it easy for kids of all ages to participate.
Play in three different game modes:
- Dance Party Mode: Songs play continuously without needing to return to the menu selection.
- Freeze and Shake Mode: New game play that kids love, including shaking the Wii Remote or freezing for extra points.
- Team Play: Lets kids dance together for a team score. (Now that we are recovered we need to try Just Dance Kids as a family.)
I was given an advance copy, but you can find Just Dance Kids for the dude or dudette on your list at amazon.
Want to win a copy of Just Dance Kids? I have 1 copy to giveaway to one of my lucky readers. Leave a comment for each entry. One comment = one entry. Enter now!
Leave me a comment with your favorite way to spend family time.
Follow me on twitter.
Fan my blog on Facebook.
Subscribe to my blog — see right sidebar.
Giveaway ends November 30, 2010. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.