If you dropped by my house any weekday evening, you would see a blur of people rushing around doing homework or chores or napping or playing with toys or playing video games or dressing for sports practices or rushing out the door to practice. Weeknights are chaotic.
On a recent weeknight our house was even more chaotic than usual. You see it was Halloween night. Halloween is a busy night to begin with, but add in that Halloween this year fell on a weekday AND that Halloween was following on the heels of #Sandy one of the worst storms in recent memory. Well, you can imagine that we were thrown for a loop. Even though I am Maryland and we were spared the brunt of the storm, the kids were still off school for two days. By the time, the kids returned to school we were in recovery mode not from the storm but from work missed and activities rescheduled. I’m using the phrase “recovery mode” in the loosest possible sense as our damage from the storm was miniscule compared to those in New Jersey and parts of New York. Sandy truly was the storm of the century.
But back to Halloween night, the kids returned home from school after two days off school raring to go. Literally bouncing off walls. The excitement was palpable. I was looking forward to a return to our normal weekday routine, but Halloween night is a night for laughter and fun. We forgot about our weeknight chores and prepared to Trick or Treat.
One of my husband’s traditions is to make a very special dinner for Halloween night. He calls his dinner “Octopuses on Seaweed.” His recipe is SUPER simple.
- Boil water for Ramen noodles.
- Add Ramen noodles to boiling water.
- Add seasoning packet to boiling Ramen noodles, remove from heat, and let simmer.
- In a separate pan, boil hot dogs.
- Once cooked, remove hot dogs from pan.
- Holding one end of the hot dog, slice the other end in half, then in quarters…to create the octopus legs.
- Place a scoop of Ramen noodles on each plate, with the Octopus hot dog resting on the noodles with “legs” on the bottom and “body” on top.
He places a dot of ketchup on each hot dog to create the Octopus’ eyes. Our meal was almost complete, but he needed a vegetable so I suggested that he use one of the Green Giant Seasoned Steamers. The Green Giant Honey Roasted Sweet Corn Seasoned Steamer was the perfect addition to our quick, but tasty, Halloween meal. The kids gobbled up the dinner before dressing in their costumes, finding shoes, locating Halloween bags, and heading out the door. I’m unable to post a photo of our yummy Halloween dinner as my blog’s photo uploader is not working for me. I’ll post a photo as soon as it is fixed. I’ll be the first to admit that while my husband and the kids were trick or treating, I ate the rest of the Honey Roasted Sweet Corn…it was really that good.
According to the Green Giant website, Green Giant Seasoned Steamers™ are one of the first sauce-free seasoned vegetables to bring unique chef-inspired seasonings and premium cut vegetable blends to your dining room table. You can choose from six different varieties including:
- Mediterranean Blend
- Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli
- Brussel Sprouts with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
- Honey Roasted Sweet Corn
- Honey Dijon Carrots
- Backyard Grilled Potatoes
Want to win a Green Giant Seasoned Steamers Prize Pack? You can try Green Giant Seasoned Steamers and win a prize pack of:
- 1 VIP coupon for one free package of Green Giant Seasoned SteamersTM
- Green Giant Serving Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
All you need to do is leave the mandatory comment for a chance to win. You can leave as many of the optional comments as you would like as long as you leave the mandatory comment. Don’t forget to leave your email address so that I can contact you if you win.
Mandatory Entry — Leave a comment.
- Subscribe to Musings from Me by reader. Leave a comment.
Extra Entries — Leave a comment.
- Follow @MusingsfromMe on Twitter.
- Like Musings from Me on Facebook.
- Like Jill MusingsfromMe on Facebook.
- Stumble one of my posts that is not a giveaway. Use your Stumble toolbar or use the Share button that is placed to the left of the post.
- Like Green Giant on Facebook.
- Like @GreenGiant on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet: @MusingsfromMe is giving away a @GreenGiant Seasoned Steamers Prize Pack from #myblogspark! http://www.musingsfromme.com/?p=6953
The coupons, information, and gift packs have been provided by Green Giant® through MyBlogSpark to facilitate my review. The views expressed in this post are my own. This giveaway is open to residents in the Continental U.S. only. The giveaway ends November 26, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. EST. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.