I am a lucky blogger. An incredibly fortunate person, seriously. This has been a wild year. A bumpy ride, but in a good way.
Oh and I discovered my voice in writing — amazingly gratifying for me. As a former editor, I would critique other’s writing, but never felt confident enough to take a professional stab at creative writing. That was what other people did, not me.
By writing about my life, myself, and my family on my blog and on the other sites I write for, I know I have something to say. The comments I get are gratifying to read — “You like me, you really like me!” I now know that there are people out there who are interested in what I have to say. Oh, and they like the giveaways a little, too!
Let’s recap my year:
– Revived a forgotten blog so that I could get a couple issues of my chest. Online journalling is therapeutic.
– Revelled in a quiet house during the school day after 13 years home with kids. Blogging, blogging, and more blogging, but not so much cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning. New Year’s Resolution, anyone?
– Discovered Tweetdeck…perhaps not a good idea for a person like myself already spending way too much time online, but Tweetdeck is love. I can set up my columns for friends, etc. Oh and did I mention, Tweetdeck disappeared on me for a few weeks. I was bereft, rudderless, and thrilled when I was able reinstall. Tweetdeck: Don’t quit me again!
– Discovered the joy of working for companies and people who are dedicated, innovative, helpful, and eager to construct a mutually rewarding relationship. Never worked with people like this all day every day in any other job.
– Dipped in to the online community of moms through twitter, twitter parties, and day-to-day ongoing relationships. While I find myself drawn to people who are local (hello! Janine, Amy, Jodi, Lindsay, Sandie, Mariana, and Joanne), I enjoy “talking” to people I will likely never meet or only meet at out-of-town blogging events — @a49erfangirl, Tara, Amy, Kim, Jennifer, and Toni.
– Jetsetted to General Mills in Minneapolis, TypeAMom conference in Asheville, #bloggersbrunch in New York City, wiiFit Plus in Bethesda, and an infant nutrition press conference in D.C.
– Interviewed for TV not once, but twice! In the first interview, my teen was the star — she demonstrated what she loves about Yoursphere.com, a safe social network for kids and teens. In the second interview, I weighed the pros and cons of a handheld cleaning device. Yes, cleaning and me in the same sentence!
So, as the year draws to a close I can reflect on many events all good — not sure when I have ever said that about a job! So many “best” parts of this job to choose from. My top events would be
…giving items to people who win my giveaways — love seeing excited e-mails of thanks
…helping bring recognition to a social network that is safe for kids, tweens, and teens to use and that my kids love — hello, Yoursphere.com I am talking to you!
…seizing the reins of something that I am not even sure you would call a job and hanging on for the ride of my life. Never in my life have I taken the sort of risks I am taking right now. It’s crazy. It’s amazing. It’s the life of a mommy blogger!
Which brings me to why I am writing this post. I want to thank my readers for sticking with me, entering my giveaways, reading my reviews, and supporting me during my first year of blogging.
I have the following packs of coupons for free items! Think of it as a blogging journey through my year.
Super easy giveaway. Leave me a comment letting me know what gift pack you want by number (Pack #1). Leave a comment for each pack if you want!
Pack #1 — Pillsbury coupons and recipe cards
- 2 coupons for FREE can Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls.
- 2 coupons for FREE package of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust.
- 2 coupons for FREE can of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits.
Pack #2 — General Mills coupons
- 2 coupons for package of Wanchai Ferry Frozen Entree
- 2 coupons for one box of Wanchai Ferry OR Romano’s Macaroni Grill Dinner Kit
Pack #3 — The Village Company — www.TheVillageCompany.com — coupons
- 2 coupons for $1 off ONE of the following products: Mr. Bubble Bath Products, Sesame Street Bath Products, Village Naturals Therapy, Village Naturals Foot Essentials, or Village Naturals Body Scrub.
Pack #4 — Clorox 2 coupons
- 2 coupons for ONE free 33 oz. Liquid Clorox 2 or ONE free 49.2 oz. Dry Clorox 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster (coupons expire 12/31/09)
Pack #5 — Snikiddy coupons for ALL natural cheese puffs and cookie bites
- 3 coupons for $1 off any pack of Snikiddy products.
Pack #6 — Little Debbie coupon
- 1 coupon for a FREE box of Little Debbie cupcakes
I was given coupons by each of the companies listed to try their products. I was invited to visit General Mills as part of the MyBlogSpark program. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends December 9 at 11:59 p.m.