Our family plays games. Not all the time. We’re busy with school, work, homework, sports, and music practice. When we get a chance to play games, it’s good family time. One of the themes of this blog AND our family is that we “Seize family time one dinner/movie/game at a time.”
Oh, we have our ups and downs like any family. My teen thinks that some games are too babyish. My kid thinks that some games are too hard. My tween only wants to play certain games. Eventually after a few skirmishes we find a game we can all tolerate.
Here are some tips from Hasbro on family time at the holidays…
During this festive time of year, it is always important to remember that one of the best gifts is time spent together as a family. Relationship expert Karen Deerwester reminds us that “laughter is the foundation for a resilient, happy family. In this fast-paced time of year, Family Game Nights renew families and encourage us to be our best and have fun!”
- Don’t over-schedule. Choose a night that works for the entire family and enjoy un-plugged fun with Hasbro games
- Give yourself a break and plan for a takeout dinner to save time for games during Family Game Night
- Get the children involved by having them choose games — they’ll be excited to participate!
- Bring home new games to inspire unexpected fun
- Reward the family for playing by giving special awards, privileges and treats
Our family loves all Hasbro games including games like Scrabble, Twister, Trivial Pursuit, Sorry!, Pictureka!, and more. Visit www.familygamenight.com to access coupons online!
I was given Pictureka and Disney Pictureka to review. The views expressed in this post are my own.