As you know game night is a big deal in our house. When we are not doing homework, chores, practicing instruments, playing sports, or any of the other activities that fill our calendar. We are playing games as a family.
We are finally…hopefully(?) out of the CandyLand, Chute and Ladders phase…please?! My goal with our family of a teen, a preteen, and a little kid is to find games that will work for all of us. I don’t want my teen to be bored by a game that is too easy or the little guy to be frustrated by a game requiring a higher reading level than he is capable of.
Hasbro offers the following tips for enjoying Family Game Night:
Game Night Get-Togethers for Adults
Pick the night, grab some snacks and drinks, and have a selection of games that will be fun for the whole group close by. Hasbro’s collection of adult party games will have your guests up and out of their seats in no time, and by the end of the night they’ll have their calendars out to plan their next game night!
- Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It
- Electronic Catch Phrase
- The Game of Things…
You can learn more about these games here.
Some of Hasbro’s favorite suggestions for the perfect Game Night menu:
- Make-Your-Own Pizza. Get the dough in the freezer section of your grocery or buy uncooked dough at your local pizza place, and put out a bunch of toppings. Pick up some wine and sodas and then sit back while your guests assemble their own pizzas.
- Finger Foods. Wine and cheese, and maybe some pigs in a blanket! Easy to eat finger food is always a good bet for game nights.
- Dessert and champagne. Who needs a main course when there is chocolate on the menu?
- Chips, Dip and “BYOB”. Each guest brings a chip and dip pairing, and their beverage of choice. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Just in time for the holidays, Hasbro wants to help you stock your game closet. Find a coupon for $5.00 OFF the new Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It at www.trivialpursuit.com and pick up the game at a local retailer before your Thanksgiving festivities. Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It is a laid-back, party-perfect edition that is sure to make your festivities a success!
And be sure to check out the Game Night Fun page on Facebook for some more Game Night ideas and information! www.facebook.com/GameNightFun
Pictureka!: Disney Edition. In this new version of Pictureka!, players frantically search to find the wacky doodle drawings of favorite Disney characters hidden within the game tiles. Our family love Disney. I found that this game was right on target for my 7-year-old. He was anxious to play it, loved it, wants to play it again. His 12-year-old sister thought the game might be too young for her, but she played along as she loves Disney, too.
To keep kids and adults happily occupied during the holiday season, Hasbro suggests setting up Pictureka!: Disney Edition in a central location in the house and let family play throughout the holiday weekend. Everyone can take turns searching for Nemo, Woody, Mickey, Mulan, and friends in the fun Pictureka! style.
Now for the giveaway part of this post! I have one copy of Disney Pictureka for a reader. Leave one comment for each entry. Comments must include an e-mail address to be counted. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends December 21, 11:59 p.m.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me your favorite game to play as a child.
- Follow me on twitter.
- Follow my blog on Facebook.
- Subscribe to my blog via reader.
- Subscribe to my blog via e-mail.
- Tweet this giveaway: @MusingsfromMe is giving away Pictureka! Disney Edition in time for the holidays. Enter! http://bit.ly/hGSUxj RT. #familygamenight