So how are you this fine Sunday night? Me? I’m tired…exhausted even. My son and I had a Scouts camping trip. I know! I am shocked as you are. I’m not outdoorsy. I last took a hike…well, let’s just say my last hike was a lomg time ago. We are a two speed family. Fast — racing from point A to point B — on the go — crazy, crazy, busy. Or slow…dead slow…practically stopped. That’s us…either racing from sport event to school event to family event OR hanging around at home. Two speeds.
This weekend was a third speed. A new one for me. Not so new for my son as he is all-go-all-the-time. So this weekend in the space of 24 hours we did the following:
- Drove to Harpers Ferry KOA.
- Pitched a tent — with LOTS of help.
- Swam — The boy.
- Moonbounced, twice — The boy.
- Made two fires — The boy.
- Cooked dinner — The boy.
- Washed dishes — The boy.
- Played flashlight tag — The boy.
- Made new friends, reconnected wth old friends — The boy.
A great weekend was had by the boy…and I even had fun too. Of course, sleeping on the ground in a tent with rain beating down on the tent was…interesting. An experience.
In other news…
- I have 4 giveaways that ended last week. Winners should be getting emails very soon!!
- I was mentioned in a blog post on braces then and now. Thanks Jennifer!
- I have a few more giveaways to post. Look for them soon!
Today on Twitter…#VZWBuzz Twitter Chat. 12 p.m. PST/3 p.m. EST.
RSVP for the #VZWBuzz Twitter Chatto win prizes! You could win the iconic Samsung Galaxy S III with a $125 Verizon Gift Card OR VZ Swag Bag. Follow the @TheOnlineMom and @VerizonInsider before the party. Participate in the party using the Tweetgrid.