It’s funny how things change, isn’t it? Growing up in England I was never without a coat, always carried an umbrella, never wore shorts, and generally sported a sweater 10 months of the year. During the so-called summer, I wore slighty lighter clothes, but still wore sweaters at night. These days I literally can’t remember the last time I wore a sweater during the winter. Maybe I am immune to the cold, but even in winter I can feel overheated if I dress in too many layers. In fact, I purchased a winter coat that was two coats in one and I rarely wear the two coats. One is enough.
I’ve always “run” hot. I’m easily overheated. I can wear the lightest of jackets until the first snowfall. I have to wonder if I will notice the menopause. Will I simply think…phew…it sure is hot in here…as I enter the drug store…only to shrug, and move on to my next errand? Or will menopause symptoms be so noticeable that I would have to be blind to not notice? I wonder…
While I haven’t yet started the menopause, a few of my friends have started to show symptoms. With World Menopause Day on the horizon…October 18, 2012…let’s talk about what menopause looks like. Aging? Hot flashes? Let’s have The 2nd Talk.
What are the symptoms of menopause?
Menopause refers to all symptoms experienced by a woman before or after the cessation of menopause per WebMD. Women experience symptoms ranging from hot flashes to sleep issues to changes in sexual response. Most will experience symptoms after age 40.
How do you get relief from menopause?
While there are no known medical remedies, Poise has introduced a range of products to relieve symptoms. The range includes 5 products — cooling, freshness, and intimacy. You can think of them as the Poise Fab 5.
- Poise Roll-On Cooling Gel — Roll on wrists, neck, and chest for cooling sensation. Lasts for about 10 minutes.
- Poise Body Cooling Towelettes — Think of the Poise Body Cooling Towelette as a cool washcloth. Apply to neck, face, and chest.
- Poise Feminine Wash — This feminine wash is a pH-balanced formula for the intimate area to help you feel clean and confident.
- Poise Panty Freshener — Each discreet, feminine fresheners is equipped with a clean and fresh scent that lasts up to 4 hours. Stick the freshener to the outside of your undergarment and confidently go about your day. Comes in 24 individual use fresheners.
- Poise Personal Lubricant — Use to enhance intimacy.
Recently I was tasked with looking for the Poise Fab 5. My journey around Walmart made me hot. I thought about hot flashes which made me find a frying pan. Think I’m kidding? You can check out how I shopped for Poise products…and thought about menopause and The 2nd Talk and what it means to me.
What is the 2nd Talk?
The 2nd Talk is a conversation hosted on Poise.com where women can talk to other women who are going through menopause or about to start or done with menopause. Isn’t there something awesome about being in a community of supportive people who are in the same boat as you are?
So what do you need to know about Poise and the 2nd Talk?
- All You magazine has information on menopause and a $1.00-off coupon.
- You can watch what other women have to say about their experiences with menopause on the Poise brand page on Walmart.com and print your $1.00 off coupon.
- Visit: http://www.poise.com/
- Follow @Poise on Twitter. Use hashtag #PoiseFab5.
- Like Poise on Facebook.
- Follow Poise’s Pinterest board.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. The views expressed in this post are my own. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™and Poise. #CBias #SocialFabric
Good job talking about a sensitive topic, Jill. I’m not there yet, but I think it’s on it’s way. (I’m 45). My grandmother went through it rather early (in her 40s) but my mother not until her 50s. Who knows!
A tea kettle and a frying pan are pretty interesting!