Choices. We all have to make choices. This morning I dithered and dallied and dragged my heels on making a choice. I won’t even get in to what the choice was. It was relatively minor. I should have debated a few minutes, made a decision, and moved on with my day. Instead, I dallied and dithered…
Some decisions are harder to make not because you are worried about making the wrong decision. The problem is more that you have too many options to choose from. Like what stain to remove.
Yes, I said stain. Five people. 17 years in this home — we’re the first owners. Wear and tear of everything in this house. In this home there are stains aplenty. So, when I was asked to review a type of stain removing cleaning pad from a well known manufacturer of vacuums and carpet cleaners, I knew I could find a stain. The problem…which stain to choose?!
After much consideration and running from room to room to see which carpet looked the worst. Fun task, not. I chose the very much trafficked area from the backdoor through the family room to the kitchen. We don’t wear shoes in the house, but you would never know it from the state of the carpet. Let’s just say I won’t be posting pics.
The family room carpet is in need of a cleaning, but I have been putting it off as I hope to get hardwood floors in the near future. In the meantime, I opened the individually wrapped Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pad. The pad is soft and moist on one side with a plastic backing to the other side. The instructions are easy…
- Vacuum the carpet to remove any excess dirt and debris.
- Place the Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pad on the area to be cleaned.
- Press down on the pad with your shoe. If you wore just a sock, your foot would get a little wet.
- I found that I could move back and forth over the pad without moving the pad around.
- Leave the Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pad on the stained area for 30 minutes.
- Vacuum the area after removing the pad.
The area I chose looks much better — not spotless, but less grime-y. The Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pad took off the top layer of grime leaving just a few ingrained spots of dirt probably from wear and tear of 17 years of people walking back and forth to the back door. I might hit these stains with the pad again to see if I can lift more dirt and grime. Again I’m too embarrassed to post the before stain and the after shot of the soiled Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pad. Trust me when I say that the pad was put through its paces.
The Bissell Stomp ‘N Go pads:
- Stomp out tough stains.
- Remove tough set-in stains like red wine, food stains, fruit juice, pet messes, mud/dirt, and more.
- Leaves carpet smelling fresh.
- Each box contains 5 individually wrapped, pre-moistened pads.
- Each box of 5 pads costs $4.99 from the Bissell site, but I am not sure how much the box of pads retail for in stores.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of BISSELL and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.