This post is sponsored by Ubooly. I was sent a Ubooly for review and was paid to write about my family’s experiences with Ubooly. The views expressed in this post are my own. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.
I never set a timer when child are playing with blocks or crafts. I don’t worry how long my daughter is playing with the dollhouse or my son with his dinosaurs. As long as my children are having fun, I’m happy. When my son is done playing, he will move on to the next toy, and the next, and the next. The scene is a little different when my child plays with electronic gadgets. His interaction with the toy ends only when he puts the gadget down. If the game is playing, he wants to play. He wants to earn more points. Get to the next level. It’s a simple as that.
Kids love to play video games, but kids have a hard time knowing when to stop playing. My child might not know that it is time to take a break. He might be so involved with the game that he keeps on playing and playing and playing. In fact, he may play so long that he is a little grouchy when I ask him to do his chores or come to dinner. Simply put…too much game playing is not good for young kids. I’ve long wondered why it is so difficult to set limits for kids on electronic toys.
I was asked to review an electronic toy that is fully customizable for a child. I was interested to see how easy the process for customizing would be and if I could set some game playing limits. In the last few weeks, the Musings from Me family has played with…uh…tested Ubooly. Ubooly is a cute plush toy that works with an iPhone/iPod. My youngest is the primary tester for this product with a little help from his older sister who kindly allowed him to use her iPhone.
What is Ubooly?
- Ubooly is a stuffed animal that talks and listens. Cute, too!
- Ubooly will like the same things that your child does: colors, interests, food, hobbies etc.
- The Ubooly stuffed animal works with the Ubooly app.
- Works with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod Touch 4G and iPod Touch 5.
- The Ubooly app can be downloaded to an iPhone or iPod. Android version coming soon.
- Ubooly can be customized to know your child’s name, teach lessons, and much more.
- Ubooly talks and listens to your child.
That’s the overview, but how does it work when your child plays with it?
How Does It Work
The Ubooly was very easy to use and my son required little help from me to set up. My son downloaded the Ubooly app from the iTunes store to his sister’s iPhone. An Android version of Ubooly is coming soon. My son inserted the iPhone in to a pouch on the top of the head of the Ubooly. No wires or cords or connectors needed. The pouch is zippered so that the iPhone can’t fall out of Ubooly.
My son wasted no time chatting to Ubooly. He taught Ubooly how to say his name. He explored. He played. He had fun!
What else can you do with Ubooly?
- You can purchase credits to unlock Ubooly’s Educational, Interest, and Helper packs.
- Content packs are all designed to be age appropriate for different age ranges (3-9)
- Content packs are written by a large team of elementary teachers and comedians.
- Educational Packs: The Lesson packs are created on a 5-day schedule, and keep parents in the loop with progress reports.
- Interest Packs: The Interest packs are full of fun facts of trivia to get your child excited about specific topics.
- Fitness & Helper Packs: The Fitness & Helper packs will help with personal growth & create healthy habits.
Want to win a Ubooly? Of course you do!
One lucky reader will receive an Ubooly Pet (valued at $29.95) and $30.00 credit to the Ubooly Lab!
Go to Ubooly.com and come back and tell me something that you learned. Leave a comment.