I posted on Electrolux’s new Eco-Friendly Washer and Dryer, which I would love to win! Don’t forget to plant a flower for a friend. I planted a purple flower with a purple butterfly for a friend who is very earth-conscious (Hi — Christina!).
My eco-friendly and energy-saving laundry tips —
- I wash darks, lights, and in-betweens in separate washes, of course.
- I only wash lights in hot water, everything else is in cold.
- I no longer use dryer sheets.
- I use concentrated laundry detergent.
- I often don’t use fabric softener.
- I iron shirts straight out of the dryer — Coach Dad is pleased about this one.
In an efficiency bid, I wash a load of clothes, put a load in the dryer, and then put dry clothes back in basket — not earth-shattering. But I do not start another load until the last load is folded. Also I have my children carry their clothes upstairs to save my energy!
So, what are you doing to be eco-friendly? Leave a comment.