I have come to terms with my love affair with food. For as long as I can remember I have loved food. It is both a joy to me and a curse. Over the years, I have learned to eat in moderation. I’m not happy, but eating in moderation is a step in the right direction on the road to good health. I slip up from time to time, but I would rather eat a little of many things than a whole lot of one single food item.
As moms we love resources on pretty much any aspect of parenting, educating, and raising our children. I devour resources and tips on anything parenting or family oriented. But, what about eating a healthy diet? I know I am not as likely to find resources. I will tell myself… “Uh, the food pyramid has changed and I don’t have time to find out what the new categories are” or “I used to know what to eat when I was cooking for one, but now that I am cooking for my family it is so hard to find a meal that everyone likes.” There I go again with the excuses. Just piling on one excuse after another. Sigh.
I recently heard about a book that I believe many of my readers will enjoy. I haven’t read the book yet, but I plan to once it is released. For now, I will share with you what I know about Real Moms Love to Eat: How to Conduct a Love Affair with Food, Lose Weight and Feel Fabulous by Beth Aldrich and Eve Adamson. I love the title of this book, don’t you?!
Here’s what I know about Real Moms Love to Eat
- The book is broken down in three sections.
- One of the sections is a fun and easy-to-follow 10-part plan for moms to implement to make gradual, life-long changes in their approach to food.
- Another section is a 21-day list of meal suggestions,tips, recipes, and lifestyle changes—all to help you continue your love affair with food to look fabulous.
- Moms will learn a lot about the food they eat and how it impacts their bodies and still have fun experiencing new foods and enjoying your life.
- The book has been described as a “love affair like no other–with huge rewards of looking fabulous.”
- Real Moms Love to Eat is THE source for “tasty, fresh, whole food meals, creative recipes, and food facts that will keep you looking fabulous and feeling energized and fulfilled.”
It seems that the author’s approach to healthy eating is realistic for busy moms. I know I don’t have time for a complicated recipe with 18 different ingredients requiring 42 kitchen gadgets and listing 23 steps to create the dish. Keep it simple and I will cook the meal.
Want to know more about Real Moms Love to Eat: How to Conduct a Love Affair with Food, Lose Weight and Feel Fabulous.
- Pre-order the book via a contest on Beth Aldrich’s site.
- Subscribe to the Real Moms Love to Eat blog.
- Like Real Moms Love to Eat on Facebook.
- Follow @RealMomsLuv2Eat on Twitter.
- Purchase the book on amazon.
And before I forget, you must check out the author’s unique Food Affairiate program for bloggers and those who love to eat! Anyone who registers to be a Real Moms Love to Eat Food who writes a review will receive a digital copy of Real Moms Love to Eat. You must click here to participate in the Real Moms Love to Eat Food Affairiate Program.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Beth Aldrich — Real Moms Love to Eat blogging program, for a chance to get 3,000 My SocialMoms Rewards points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.