1. Mom to three children: Crafty Daughter, 12; Sporty Daughter, 10; and Adventure Boy, 5. Married to Coach Dad: a former high school English teacher and volleyball coach, now a school administrator.
2. In a previous life, I was a Senior Production Editor for a health care publisher.
3. I have been at home with my children for 12 years. The first 6 years I was a Freelancer Production Editor. The last 6 years I have been a stay-at-home mom.
4. Last year, I enrolled in graduate school in Baltimore in a graphic design program — as an editor I thought it would be a good career switch. The program nearly killed me as I found I cannot take the high pressure creation process and sometime brutal critique by professors and students.
5. As my youngest entered kindergarten this year, I began to wonder what I would do with the rest of my life. I know I have to get back to work, but what will I do? I am now writing for different mom sites and this blog, and I am a Mom Advocate for www.yoursphere.com Promo Code: YSMD-BERR
6. I like to run all my errands on the same day so that everything is done at once.
7. My ideal day would be: stay in pajamas all day, be at home with my family, not have to drive anyone anywhere in any vehicle, not cook any meal — eat snacks and drinks as needed, a good book to read, some interrupted time on the computer, and finally a family movie night with popcorn.
8. I most often can be found in my car driving kids to sports practices, birthday parties, or music lessons. I may complain, but I secretly love seeing what my kids love to do.
9. As an adult I make friends much more easily than as a child. I believe it is because I want to get to know my children’s friends.
10. I like a good conversation with a good friend over a cup of coffee or a meal. Nothing fancy. No presents required.
I couldn’t agree more about #7. That is what I did 2 of the 4 days of the Thanksgiving holiday…and it was wonderful. I wish every day could be that mellow.
This is a nice post : ). You are very interesting. I am sad that your graphic design class was catastrophic. I often think I would not be able to handle that either. I do love images and design though, so I wish I could try. Maybe someday. I am afraid to read your weight loss post because I am SO discouraged and sad about myself right now. I will be thinking of you on your journey though. Even though I can’t read your post : ).
I completely agree with #10- I love hanging out with a girlfriend and having a good talk.