A friend left a Facebook status about the parent orientation for middle school. She has twin boys. I can’t imagine going through 6th grade with two kids. I survived 6th grade with two kids, but had two years in between to forget all the hesitation of those early days.
Deep breaths I told my friend. Deep breaths times two for her as she has twin boys. If you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail. I had an “I can’t wait to go to 6th grade” kid and an “I am scared to death of not being able to unlock my locker 6th grader.” Middle school worked out for both of them.
For more of my Musings on middle school, you might want to read what I wrote about:
- helping middle schoolers do their best on standardized tests
- bedtime and tweens…may the best mom win!
- music and tweens
If you clicked on the above links, you are probably a mom of tweens and teens. Have you heard about Momster.com? Momster is a place for moms of tweens and teens to find moms who are like them, use other moms as sounding boards for issues, and give help to moms based on their experience.
I moderate four groups at Momster. I hope you find one that you might like to join:
- A group for moms of tweens and teens about when they were tweens and teens
- Never wake a sleeping teen! Trust me on this!
- Raising a web-savvy tween/teen
- Don’t do it yourself when your tween/teen can do it. Chores!
1 comment for “Middle School Transition…It All Works Out Fine”