My family has had a checkered past with electronic appliances and gadgets.
- After months of pestering, my dad finally agreed to get a VCR — I was about 14 and ecstatic. My dad didn’t choose a Sony Betamax or a VHS. So, what did he choose? He chose a “Video 2000.” Huh? Yes, Video 2000 was supposed to overtake both Beta and VHS in sales, but kind of fizzled.
- I recall using a hair dryer when I was little, which was a hood attached to a long hose. You could sit and read a magazine while your hair dried. This was a good idea until the time I plugged the American hooded hairdryer directly in to an English electrical outlet. The smoke coming from the device was a tell-tale sign that all was not well.
- I had a small hot pot in college that I used for making French onion soup. It was a useful device until I lost the electrical cord in a move.
- When my daughter was a baby I would use the microwave as a timer when heating bottles in the bottle warmer. I would turn the microwave on for about a minute while I heated the bottle. All was well until the microwave door flew open and a bowl of fruit was knocked to the floor. Not cool to use microwave with nothing inside it.
- My parents were the last people on the planet to get a microwave in — 2003. It’s never a good idea to make a hasty decision
One appliance that I have not thought about in years is the sodamaker we had at home — the Soda Syphon was a gift from my uncle. I remember it was a thermos shaped bottle with an aerosol cap. By turning the cap, water became soda water — mumble, mumble, chemical reaction, mumble, mumble. I have no recollection of drinking the soda water. I was a kid so the unflavored water was not tasty to me.
Fast forward to 2009…the_Sodastream_Home_Soda_Maker can turn tap water in to sparkling water. When you add a regular or diet flavor you can make sparkling soda. By making your own soda you can save money. It is a green product since you can avoid buying soda in bottles and cans.
Click on box to look at the Sodastream Soda Maker:
You can get $20 cash back by mail by purchasing any Sodastream_Home_Soda_Maker between now and May 17. For more information, visit http://www.sodastream.com/.
Hi. I’m just here visiting your site, and I have to say, I like it a lot. You have some great stuff to check out. I have a small blog that has been around for about 2 years. It’s not big, I delete posts every now and then. But I invite you to come check out my site. I would love to have you over. 😀
I love my SodaStream Soda Maker! This was actually the very first product that I ever requested from a company for review: http://ridingwithnohands.com/reviews/sodastream-home-soda-maker/. I saw a demonstration at Green Festival last Fall, and emailed the media contact the next day to tell him how cool I thought it was, and by the end of the week there was one sitting on my doorstep. So there’s a special place in my heart for this company 😉