A few years ago my friend told me about a game her toddler son played all the time. The game was a “simple tap of the keys and watch what happens” type of game. A simple concept to adults, but the game allowed kids to make choices and decisions about how the game would be played. Kids — even kids as young as 1 — crave power over their surroundings. The game was on a site called Kneebouncers.
Ever tried to put a sock on a 1-year-old? Only to have him push the sock off his foot. Mom and dad are thinking why is he pushing his sock off? We have to go out for a walk. Why is he doing this? He needs to wear socks. Your one-year-old is not concerned with your agenda at all. He wants to wiggle his toes. Suck on his toes. Rub his toes against the carpet. He’s asserting his will to be in control of his environment. Little ones like making decisions for themselves.
My friend told me that her husband created Kneebouncers for little ones everywhere to enjoy. Kneebouncers has grown from one single game to a site with numerous games for the baby, toddler, and preschooler set…including Vroom, Bed Jump, Sight Words, and Run Puppy Run. My son loved tapping on these games. He was eager to start using the computer far earlier than when his sisters were his age. He wanted to do what they were doing…Kneebouncers games allowed him to have fun too!
Here’s how it works…
- Each week Kneebouncers offers about free games and stories to try out. This week your child can read “Who Says Moo? — a read long or read-to-me story?
- If your little one is anything like my little one, you will want to go and activate all the Kneebouncers games. My oldest loved playing the same computer game over and over again. I still know the words to ALL the songs even years later! So for only $2.95 per month, your little one can play all the games on the Kneebouncers site. If you are not sure, that you and your little one will like Kneebouncers activate the free trial…one week of free access to all the fabulous Kneebouncers games.
- And the yearly access pass, is a steal. The yearly fee for Kneebouncers of $19.95 is now only $11.97. This works out to only $1 a month for tons of fun for your little one. Offer good through end of October 2011. Great gift idea for the grandparents to buy for your child!
And for on-the-go access…
- Get the new Who Says Moo? story on itunes for $2.99 and Who Says Moo? the Android Market also for $2.99. You can even record yourself telling the story! Wouldn’t it be fun to record your child’s grandmother or grandfather reading the story? I know my children loved hearing a familiar voice reading a story when they were little.
- Also available on Kneebouncers first set of games on itunes for iphone, itouch, and ipad for only $1.99.
- On an Android phone? You can purchase Kneebouncers first set of games on Android for $1.99.
Kneebouncers first set of games includes:
- Choo Choo: A train, a car, a tractor and LOTS of fun!
- Big Top: KneeBouncers perform in a three-ring circus.
- Pop-a-Lot: You’re little one will love what pops up next!
- It’s Colorific: Bright balloons and amusing characters help make this intro to colors a whole lotta fun
- The Alphabet Game: Is it a letter-learning tool or just plain tot entertainment?
Want to win a Who Says Moo? app by Kneebouncers? Entering is easy peasy! To be eligible to win, you must do the mandatory entry.
Go to the Kneebouncers site and tell me what game looks fun. Don’t forget to leave your email so that I can contact you.
Subscribe to the Kneebouncers blog, Kneeblogger. Come back and leave a comment.
Friend me on Facebook.
Like my blog on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.
Follow my #onlinesafety account on Twitter.
I was not compensated for this post. I happen to love the games. Giveaway ends October 28, 2011, 11:59 p.m. Giveaway is open to all readers. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.