I am nothing but an idea stealer, but I do like this blog post idea. Here’s how it goes.
1. Write a post on your blog filling in the sentence–I Need……
2. Leave me a comment letting me that you are playing along, that way I can go check out your list and see if I “need” to steal any of your “needs”.
3. Your list can be short or it can be as long as you like.
4. Have fun, get creative.
1. To figure out what I am doing with my life now that my youngest is in kindergarten. Am I content to be a SAHM mom or should I go back to work or should I find at-home freelance work. I obviously need to make a decision, as well.
2. To teach my children to notice the following: unmade bed, laundry on floor of closet, dirty laundry on floor of bedroom, dirty dinner plate on table, back pack on floor, shoes not in cubbies in garage, coat not hung up. And the ever-popular…that Mommy is on the phone and cannot answer your question at this time.
3. To get a grip on the clutter within my house. I have a basement storage room that is filled to capacity with Christmas decorations, Halloween decorations, more Easter bunnies than is necessary, craft supplies, memorabilia from my childhood, my husband’s stuff from his parent’s house, clothes dating back to the 80s, two nonfunctioning stereos with nonworking turntables, computer games from the 90s. Oh, and 150 LPs and 100 7″ singles that are useless since both turntables do not work.
4. To find a way to get more people to read my blog. Seriously folks, I think my blog is the blog less travelled. I hear crickets chirping. How do I get people to read my blog?
I know there are more things that I need, but it is late and I need to get to bed.
5. To make a decision about whether I want to let my family and friends know that I have a blog. So far, only people I have befriended on the internet know that I blog.
I need to go to sleep! As for more readers, well, i can’t say that I am the expert- I am not. I have been blogging since April 2006 and is only in the last few months that my readership has gone up, and so have comments. I have found that the more often I visit and comment on other people’s blogs, then the more likely they will come check out mine. I guess you have to pimp yourself, although there are some who would beg to differ. I also try to branch out from the blogs I visit all the time, to find new blogs. I’m not even sure how I found you- was it through a comment? I don’t even know.
i did it!