The call was brief. A caller from a cancer organization called a few minutes ago. When she was done, I politely said that I had already committed to giving to other charities. I told the caller “Thank you.” This type of phone conversation makes me realize that we all need to do our part to help in whatever way works for us.
For me, a call from a charity is not enough. While I may be interested in what the caller has to say I am unlikely to give to a charity without thorough research. I want to know where my money is going. I want to make a difference.
Isn’t this what each of us wants? To make a difference. American Express Members Project is making a difference in the world of charitable giving: one small step towards big change.
As a long-time American Express card holder, I gladly joined the Members Project. You can join, too, by going here. After only a couple of clicks, you will be registered to vote. Super easy. Oh, and did I mention that voting is free!
I voted for the 9/11 Memorial now being built on the site of the World Trade Center. The 9/11 Memorial and Museum will be a lasting place for reflection and learning. I was able to evaluate the 9/11 Memorial project before I voted by clicking a link on the American Express Members Project site.
- Whether it’s voting for a favorite charity to receive funding from American Express, volunteering time, donating, or telling friends, everyone can take a small step with Members Project and start making a difference.
- Volunteer at charities that American Express helps you find and get Membership Rewards® points for doing so
- Vote once per week for the causes American Express should fund. Members Project is donating $200K to five causes every three months. This quarter’s voting ends May 24, 2010.
- Donate money or Membership Rewards® points to one of each voting period’s 50 selected charities, or choose from over 1 million other charities.
- Share your involvement with the program to inspire and encourage others to participate.
I wrote this post in support of the Members Project from American Express. I was not compensated for this post. By writing this post, I am eligible to win a gift card provided by One2One Network.