Hands up if you remember the following:
- Kodak Disc Cameras
- 5 1/4″ floppy disks
- Macintosh computers that were a rectangular boxy shape
- record players with flimsy wooden speakers but wihout a tape deck
- Sony Walkmans — so bulky that you wore it with a shoulder strap
- cassette tapes — at some point in 1986 or so I saw a CD when I was a DJ
- Fame t-shirts
- loud Jams surfing shorts
- Docksiders or Topsiders
- painters pants
- parachute pants
- any clothing from Chess King
- any item from Spencer’s Gifts
- saw Duran Duran in concert more than once
- remember Michael Jackson as a good singer/dancer/performer rather than a freakishly odd person
I wrote this post over on my graphic design blog…80s
The Kodak disc camera was my the fist camera I had as my very own. I even went through two models!
Boy oh boy, I am a major ’80s girl. Great post!
I am hopping over from the MomDot Blog-A-Thon. I am trying to hit everyone this weekend (I have a lot of hopping to do). *hehe*
Have a wonderful and safe three day weekend!
(I am #117, #118, and #119)
Wait… you have a graphic design blog? I had no idea! So you were a graphic designer B.C. (before children)? And a DJ in the 80’s?! How cool! I remember I got my first CDs in 1989 or 1990 – MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. Don’t laugh 😉