This past Monday I stepped out of my comfort zone. Waaayyyy out of my comfort zone. Want to know what I did? You won’t believe it if I tell you. My friends certainly did not believe it even when they saw my photos on Facebook. I took my family to WWE Raw! What a great night for all of us!
It’s hard to put in to words an experience like WWE Raw. The lights. The roar of the crowd. The power of the wrestlers. The showmanship. The excitement as one wrestler tosses another wrestler off the top of the ring. We laughed. We gritted our teeth. We gasped. We wondered how a wrestler could be slammed and then jump up a minute or two later. As I said, words don’t do justice to our experience, so watch this video to get an inkling of the excitement of a WWE Raw show.
I’ve known about wrestling for years. Back in the late ’80s, my husband and I invited friends over to watch a wrestling Pay Per View event. I don’t remember who the wrestlers were. I don’t remember who won each of the bouts. I don’t remember exactly what year or even time of year that the Wrestling event took place. But, I do remember how excited our friends were. The roars and laughter from our friends was infectious. I was excited to experience wrestling again…this time with my family…and this time as a #WWEMoms.
I’m newbie wrestling fan so bear with me as I recap WWE Raw…
- The WWE Raw show we saw was televised live as Monday Night Raw then broadcast on USA Network. We watched it on DVR the next day and it was so fun to experience the excitement of WWE Raw again!
- Wrestlers were competing to be part of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match due to be televised soon. Is there anything more nerve wracking than watching people wrestle in and on tall ladders? I don’t think so! The WWE Money in the Bank show is happening tonight in Boston and will be televised on Pay Per View soon.
- Stephanie McMahon threw down the gauntlet to Vickie Guererro over a “beef “and a mud bath followed. It was very funny…and messy!
- Rob Van Dam dropped from the ring rail on to Seth Rollins, ex of The Shield.
- Dolph Ziggler dropped the elbow on Bad News Barrett in their match.
- Kofi Kingston submitted to Jack Swagger. Ouch. [Edited after my son pointed out my error. It’s good that SOMEONE is fact checking my posts!]
- John Cena, Sheamus, and Roman Reigns showed their might in their matches.
Did you know?
- You can follow WWE on Facebook.
- Follow @WWE on Twitter.
- Visit WWE.com for information onshows, superstars, videos, and tickets.
Disclosure: I was given tickets and two gift bags for my kids for WWE Raw as part of my review. I was not compensated for this post.