I’m not what you would call a fashion plate. I don’t shop til I drop except for children’s toys and storage units. I have not worn makeup since the 1990s. I buy shoes two pairs at a time, so that I can avoid shoe shopping.
I am starting to realize that in my new found career of blogging and product promotion I do need a few essentials. So what are my top 5 go-to, must-have, can’t live without items for fall? Drum roll please! Well, at least you could drum your fingers on the desk. It’s not that exciting. I’m not Stacey and Clinton from TLC nor do I have a fashion degree, but…
1. Black pants that are not stretchy or yoga-y. Pants should have a button or fastener at the waist not a drawstring or eleastic waist. Choose cotton or linen for pants. If pants need to be dry cleaned or ironed — buy them anyway. You are a grownup — use an iron once in a while!
2. Blouse or shirt for evening wear. Not something you wore 10 years ago pre-kids and many pounds ago. Splurge and buy yourself a nice blouse or top to go with the pants and voila “Evening Wear”!
3. Black shoes — do you detect a theme here? Black goes with everything. I have two pairs of black boots — one pair I can wear with dress pants and the other pair works better with heavier pants due to the style of the boot.
4. Casual pants that look dressy, but are not strethchy. You could choose a denim or a dark canvas type pant. Just not stretchy or yoga-y pants.
5. Undergarments — I last bought new bras in…I really can’t remember..so I will be going bra shopping soon. The saggy look does not look good.
Did you know that there will be Shop_Smart_Look_Fab mall event taking place at over 140 GGP malls nationwide from September 17-20? It’s sponsored by General Growth Properties (GGP) Malls. Do you want to enter to win, click —> Official rules and detailed terms and conditions are available here.
General Growth Properties, Inc. currently has ownership interest in, or management responsibility for, over 200 regional shopping malls in 44 states, as well as ownership in master planned community developments and commercial office buildings. The Company’s portfolio totals approximately 200 million square feet of retail space and includes over 24,000 retail stores nationwide. GGP’s common stock is trading in the pink sheets under the symbol GGWPQ. For more information, visit www.ggp.com.
TLC’s innovative docu-series and reality-based programming include favorites Jon & Kate Plus 8, Cake Boss, What Not to Wear, Police Women, and Toddlers & Tiaras. TLC’s daytime lineup includes the Emmy Award-winning A Baby Story. One of the 15 most widely distributed cable networks in the U.S., TLC features high-quality docu-series and reality based programming that engages the heart and mind by transporting viewers into the lives of real-life extra-ordinary characters. TLC programs are entertaining, unfiltered and always reveal something to learn along the way. The channel is available in more than 98 million homes in the US, nearly 8 million homes in Canada and through the website at www.tlc.com. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world’s number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 170 countries.