Saw this in my in box and I had to share…
Reading, writing, arithmetic…and tech? According to a new study from market research firm NPD Group, kids are increasingly adopting tech. In fact, tablet usage among kids increased 13% from 2011 to 2012.
PBS KIDS continues to offer quality educational content for kids wherever they are – including mobile devices – and today announces its newest educational app: SUPER WHY! ABC Adventures: Alphabet
Available for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, SUPER WHY! ABC Adventures: Alphabet is the fourth mobile app based on SUPER WHY!, the award-winning hit preschool series from PBS KIDS. Focused on introducing kids to the building blocks of literacy, the app offers a comprehensive curriculum featuring over 400 words and opportunities to practice recognizing sounds and upper and lowercase letters. Kids join their favorite SUPER WHY! characters for an around-the-world alphabet adventure, all while playing an engaging collection of five mini-games:
- Alpha Pig’s Lickety Letter Safari!
- Super Why’s Z Marks the Spot!
- Wonder Red’s Let’s Letter Fly!
- Princess Presto’s Under the Sea Sounds!
- Woofster’s Golden Letter Bones!
Game features include:
- Rewards: Each time players successfully complete a mini-game, they earn a special “Around the World”-themed souvenir sticker that is collected in their “Map of the World.” From here, users can decorate around-the-world themed backgrounds with the souvenirs they’ve earned, as well as save each creation to the device.
- Music Videos: Users can access a collection of alphabet-themed music videos from SUPER WHY! to gain further exposure to the alphabet.
- Progress Tracking: A progress tracking area allows parents to see how their children are performing on two of the mini-games and identifies which letters or common letter sounds they still need to practice.
The SUPER WHY! ABC Adventures: Alphabet App is available from the App Store for $2.99 on iPhone and iPod touch or $3.99 on iPad, or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
I was not compensated for this post. From time to time, I like to share fun apps, games with my readers.
1 comment for “Preschoolers Head Back to School with Super Why”