Guess How Much I Love You?
Berenstain Bears Go to the Dentist
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
The books listed above are among my favorites. I have spent many hours reading books to my children. Do you love reading to your children? What is your favorite book to read to your child? Kids love books!
My oldest was about 18 months old. We were browsing in a bookstore. I was looking at books while she sat in the stroller. As I perused a book, I heard laughing coming from the vicinity of my stroller, I was astounded to see her laughing out loud at a book. She was giggling and chuckling. I had never seen a little child laughing about anything at that point…and never with such gusto. She has continued her love of books to this day.
Many families are well in to the school year. But perhaps your children are not quite ready for school. Whether your children are in school or daycare or at home, books are a key part of a child’s learning experience. I want to let yoou know about a fun partnership that is putting books first.
Reading Is Fundamental has teamed up with Buddig for the Be A Reader campaign. The Be A Reader campaign aims to get young readers “right back-to-school track.” Books are a key part of our household. From board books to chapter books to the children’s first dictionary, books can be found in every room of our home.
The Make a Sandwich and A Story Sweepstakes was launched earlier this month by Buddig and Reading Is Fundamental. To foster and nourish a love of reading, Buddig is giving away Scholastic children’s books and school supplies through the Make A Sandwich and A Story Sweepstakes.
The details of the The Make A Sandwich And A Story Sweepstakes:
- Sweepstakes ends on Oct. 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 (CST). So, you have plenty of time to enter!
- Enter the sweepstakes by looking for specially marked packages of Buddig lunchmeats, enter the code at Sandwich and a Story, and complete the entry form to enter the sweepstakes.
- Who can enter? The Buddig Make A Sandwich And A Story sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- How often can you enter? 5 entries per person/email address per day.
Now for the information that everyone wants to know…what will you win!
- Five Grand Prize winners will receive a Scholastic book library plus a Buddig backpack filled with school supplies (ARV $200).
- 400 First Prize winners will receive a Buddig backpack (ARV $13.00).
- 118 winners each week beginning on August 22 will receive a free Scholastic book (ARV $10.00).
- The Total ARV of all prizes is $19,160.
- So, what are you waiting for…go enter!
More about Buddig and the Be A Reader campaign from Buddig:
“For more than 100 years Carl Buddig & Company has nourished families. Now Buddig is nourishing children’s minds as a proud supporter of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) and the national Be A Reader campaign. Buddig believes that reading and literacy go hand-in-hand with good nutrition to support a lifelong love of learning.
Whether you are reading to your children at the library or telling a bedtime story after a busy day, you are fostering your child’s lifelong love of books. During the yearlong Be A Reader campaign, parents and their children are encouraged to create their own reading and literacy experiences wherever they may be. As a proud supporter of RIF, Buddig will provide a minimum of $100,000 through May 30, 2012 to help children across the nation discover the joy of reading.”
Find out about the range of Buddig products on Buddig.com. Perfect for school lunches, picnics, and seizing time with your family.
I was compensated for this post. The views expressed in this post are my own. I blog follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.