The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
My mother read Chicken Little to me over and over again. Though I can no longer find the book at my parents’ home, I have fond memories of hearing about Chicken Little and friends…which is why I chuckled when I heard that KFC has a new sandwich. What is this sandwich called you ask? Why, the Chicken Little of course!
Chicken Littles is the second new menu item you can find at your local KFC restaurants. The first new menu item was the Original RecipeBites. Last Friday we tried both. Friday signals the end of the week. In another lifetime, Friday night was all about kicking back from a long work week and relaxing. My Friday nights are anything BUT relaxing. First of all, my kids are in activities that go all week, so we have swim practice on Saturdays and Sundays for one and Saturday soccer games for another. On occasion we go to dinner with friends, but on Friday family activities usually take precedence.
So last Friday I drove one to volleyball practice, one to swimming, and one to Walmart, then picked up the swimmer and the volleyballer before heading home. You should know that there was no dinner simmering in the crockpot. No elaborate dinner plans. Nada. Nyet. Nothing. My husband came to the rescue…he offered to pick up KFC on his way home from work. Dinner is served!
What are KFC Original RecipeBites?
- Bite-sized chicken pieces of 100% breast meat chicken.
- Available in the Colonel’s signature Original Recipe blend of 11 herbs and spices
- Freshly prepared and hand breaded, just like KFC’s world-famous Original Recipe chicken on the bone.
- Served in small cardboard containers…perfect for sharing or not…no judging here.
- Available in 6- or 10-piece portions.
- Can be ordered a la carte or in a Combo (with side item and medium drink). We ordered a la carte. For a limited time, the six-piece combo is only $3.99, at participating restaurants nationwide (check your local stores).
- KFC calls Original RecipeBites: “bite-sized chicken, all grown up.”
So what did we have in addition to the Original RecipeBites? Our KFC order went something like this:
- 1 large order of Mac & Cheese for the one who only eats Mac & Cheese.
- 1 large order of Mashed Potatoes & Gravy for the two who devour it.
- 4 Chicken Little sandwiches.
- 8-piece Chicken with 4 biscuits.
- 4 Taco Bell Tacos…our KFC is also a Taco Bell…win!
What are KFC Chicken Littles?
- Chicken Littles feature a freshly-breaded Extra Crispy Strip™ sandwiched in a
sweet bun topped with pickle slices and KFC’s signature Colonel’s Mayo.
- 100 percent all-white breast meat.
- Chicken Littles were last sold at KFC over 20 years ago…back by popular demand.
- Chicken Littles can be ordered either a la carte or in a combo option.
- Combos include two Chicken Littles, a side item and a medium drink.
- Customers can purchase Chicken Littles for just $1.29 each or, for a limited time, the Chicken
Littles Combo (two sandwiches, a side item and a medium drink) for $5. (Check your local store as pricing and participation may vary.)
I was sent KFC Chicken Checks to facilitate my review. The views expressed in this post are my own. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity. This giveaway is open to residents in the U.S. The giveaway ends November 2, 2012, at 12:01 a.m. EST.