I’m so annoyed with myself! I almost missed the 5 Minutes for Mom 2010 Ultimate Blog Party. I saw a tweet about it. Of course I did! I’m always on twitter. But, I never wrote a post. I participated last year…here’s my post.
So, here’s my post…better late than never! I *think* you can still add a post. Here are the details on the Ultimate Blog Party. Even if I am not eligible for any prizes, I always like writing about organizations I care deeply about. 5 Minutes for Mom is an organization I am proud to be a part of.
I have had the privilege of meeting Janice and Susan from 5 Minutes for Mom at Type A Mom Conference and Mom 2.0 respectively. Both are ardent supporters of mom bloggers and mom-owned businesses. As a mom blogger who is relatively new, I admire those bloggers who have gone before me.
Who am I? I’m not sure how to answer this question. Here’s an attempt:
- I’m a mom to 3…a kid, a preteen, and a teen.
- I started blogging when my youngest was 5.
- I have no stories of poop, pee, or vomit to draw on. No cute gummy toothless babies to write about. Instead I have an opinionated teen, a shy tween, and a rambunctious little boy.
- Because I have two and now three kids who can read my blog, I have to mind my Ps and Qs. I blog with a filter. A filter of “I don’t want to embarrass my kids in any way.”
- I don’t just write on my blog. I write here on preteens, here on parenting Baltimore tweens, here on raising kids in DC (I live between DC and Baltimore), and here on all things family.
- I don’t just blog and write. I moderate a CityMommy message board for DC. I post topics for discussion. Live in DC? Are you a mom in DC metro area? Join DC.CityMommy.com.
- I don’t just blog and write and moderate. I host a host of groups over on Momster.com: a group for moms of tweens and teens. Are you a mom of a tween or a teen who sleeps all the time or shirks their chores? Are you a mom who is passionate about online safety/social networking for tweens and teens? What about your tween and teen years? What were you like?
The prizes I am interested in for the Ultimate Blog Party are as follows:
- US12 — 1-month Netflix subscription from 1stopmom.
- US31 — a $20 amazon gift certificate from Jennifer Sikora.
- US32 — a $25 amazon gift certificate from Frugal Novice.
- US49 — a $25 gift card to Starbucks by Janice Yurek.
- US71 — Bear Bucks from MamaSchwab.
- US95 — a $100 gift card to restaurants.com from Thrifty Jinxy.
Now to link my post and comment on everyone else’s posts! Excited for Ultimate Blog Party 2010!
Hope you are having a good time at the UBP!
Jenni (“Miss Tutu”)
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog – hope you will stop by, say hi, and sign-up for your free tutu lesson! 🙂 and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest
I’m a mom of a teenager too. He’ll be graduating this June from his distance learning high school.
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.
stopping by for the party! Hope you are having fun.
Already your follower and friend but wanted to stop by and say hi from the UBP!
So happy to stop by for the party!! Looks like you got a great thing going with your blog.
Would love to have you come by our place: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
Dropping in from the UBP to say hello and thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! We have a few things in common! I’m a SAHM to a toddler, and a preteen, plus you will never find poop or pee stories on my website. BUT, I do think I have one post mentioning vomit. LOL! Good luck in the prize draw and happy UBP!
Wow! You are one busy momma! I love all the networking you do– parents with teens need all the support they can get (so my mil tells me–my husband was the worst!) : )
Great to meet you!
Thank you for visiting my blog yesterday. You are a busy woman! I’m including the link for my friend, Paula’s blog. She is a Nutella~holic and has some fabulous recipes http://www.bellalimento.com/. Check her out when you get a chance. Really delish. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful week.