I’m so annoyed with myself! I almost missed the 5 Minutes for Mom 2010 Ultimate Blog Party. I saw a tweet about it. Of course I did! I’m always on twitter. But, I never wrote a post. I participated last year…here’s my post.
So, here’s my post…better late than never! I *think* you can still add a post. Here are the details on the Ultimate Blog Party. Even if I am not eligible for any prizes, I always like writing about organizations I care deeply about. 5 Minutes for Mom is an organization I am proud to be a part of.
I have had the privilege of meeting Janice and Susan from 5 Minutes for Mom at Type A Mom Conference and Mom 2.0 respectively. Both are ardent supporters of mom bloggers and mom-owned businesses. As a mom blogger who is relatively new, I admire those bloggers who have gone before me.
Who am I? I’m not sure how to answer this question. Here’s an attempt:
- I’m a mom to 3…a kid, a preteen, and a teen.
- I started blogging when my youngest was 5.
- I have no stories of poop, pee, or vomit to draw on. No cute gummy toothless babies to write about. Instead I have an opinionated teen, a shy tween, and a rambunctious little boy.
- Because I have two and now three kids who can read my blog, I have to mind my Ps and Qs. I blog with a filter. A filter of “I don’t want to embarrass my kids in any way.”
- I don’t just write on my blog. I write here on preteens, here on parenting Baltimore tweens, here on raising kids in DC (I live between DC and Baltimore), and here on all things family.
- I don’t just blog and write. I moderate a CityMommy message board for DC. I post topics for discussion. Live in DC? Are you a mom in DC metro area? Join DC.CityMommy.com.
- I don’t just blog and write and moderate. I host a host of groups over on Momster.com: a group for moms of tweens and teens. Are you a mom of a tween or a teen who sleeps all the time or shirks their chores? Are you a mom who is passionate about online safety/social networking for tweens and teens? What about your tween and teen years? What were you like?
The prizes I am interested in for the Ultimate Blog Party are as follows:
- US12 — 1-month Netflix subscription from 1stopmom.
- US31 — a $20 amazon gift certificate from Jennifer Sikora.
- US32 — a $25 amazon gift certificate from Frugal Novice.
- US49 — a $25 gift card to Starbucks by Janice Yurek.
- US71 — Bear Bucks from MamaSchwab.
- US95 — a $100 gift card to restaurants.com from Thrifty Jinxy.
Now to link my post and comment on everyone else’s posts! Excited for Ultimate Blog Party 2010!