A few weeks ago I was invited to a media event. Often I have to turn these events down due to conflicts with kid activities. Fortunately, I didn’t have to turn this one down as it was a lunchtime event at a new restaurant only a 30-minute drive from my home. I live in the country so a 30-minute drive is preferable to my usual 1-hour plus drives!
Smashburger is located in a brand new shopping plaza in Germantown, Maryland called The Shops at Seneca Meadows. A couple of restaurants and a grocery store are open with many stores and restaurants slated to open soon. Smashburger is one of them.
Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing “better burger” restaurant, has brought its fresh approach to Maryland. The new Smashburger in Germantown will serve the signature juicy patties – smashed fresh…I’ll explain more about this later – along with its Haagen-Dazs ® shakes, tempting sides, and regional menu items crafted to please local’s palates in the Greater DC area suburb. Over the next two years, 11 more Smashburgers are slated to open in Maryland.
Smashburger Seneca Meadows seats 64 with an additional 16 on its outdoor patio. The exclusive menu I sampled at the media event included:
- The Truffle Mushroom Swiss with truffle mayo, sautéed baby portabella mushrooms, and aged Swiss on an egg bun.
- Spicy Baja with fresh jalapenos, guacamole, pepper jack, lettuce, tomato, onion, and chipotle mayo on a spicy chipotle bun.
- The Capital Burger, also available with chicken as the Capital Chicken Sandwich, topped with grilled onions, aged Swiss cheese, baby arugula, applewood-smoked bacon, tomatoes, and mayo on a brioche bun.. This sandwich is ONLY served solely in the DC metropolitan area…not anywhere else in the U.S. Other regions have their own burger.
We believe the people of Germantown will fall in love with our better burgers because of their succulent taste, superior quality and range of topping combinations. From classic to veggie to something more exotic – the flavors and seasonings of our burgers, sandwiches, salads, and sides are always robust and delicious.
But more about the “smash” part of Smashburger. What is the secret to the smash? I got to flip burgers while I was at Smashburger, but before the flipping there is SMASHING. Using a proprietary to Smashburger smashing tool and after seasoning and placing the patty on the grill, I smashed the patty down. I had to press hard. After a short time, I removed the smashing tool. Carefully and under the watchful eye of the Smashburger griller, I flipped the patty by applying pressure with the flipper to the edges of the patty. Those grillers are artists when it comes to creating a tasty and nice looking burger!
What I liked about Smashburger was that they start with fresh, never frozen, 100% Certified Angus Beef. The beef patties are smashed on a 400-degree flat grill to sear in the juicy flavor. To further the “better burger” experience, the mouth-watering patties are then served on toasted artisan buns and topped with a selection of the freshest produce, real cheeses, and highest-quality condiments. Smashburger’s signature recipes and create your own burgers are smashed fresh, served delicious every time.
The concept is more than just burgers, though. I tried tender marinated grilled chicken sandwiches and fresh tossed signature salads, along with a variety of irresistible sides like rosemary and garlic-seasoned Smashfries, Haystack Onions, and Veggie Frites (flash-fried and seasoned carrot sticks and green beans). The food was a far cry from my usual yogurt or bagel for lunch!
For beverages, Smashburger offers an assortment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including local beers, hand-spun Häagen-Dazs shakes, and IBC® root-beer floats in frosted mugs will be available. I liked that there was a display freezer case of specialty sodas. You can also order a fountain, refillable drink.
Whether you are out holiday or back-to-school shopping in Germantown, consider stopping at Smashburger for a made-to-order dining experience. You order at the counter, then bring food back to your table. The teeny kitchen at Smashburger is a far cry from your local fast food restaurant. I did not see row after row of burgers as all burgers are made to order. This would be a great place for a soccer, basketball, lacrosse, or scouting party. Kids can order plain burgers, fries, and milkshakes, while parents order burgers, salads, and chicken sandwiches with all the fixings.
- America’s fastest growing, fast casual “better burger” restaurant with over 200 corporate and franchise restaurants operating in 29 states and in four international countries.
- By offering fresh, premium “smashed to order” burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, signature side items, and hand-spun Haagen-Dazs shakes, Smashburger has modernized the way people think about burgers.
- Located at 20640 Seneca Meadows Parkway, Suite D1, Germantown, MD 20876.
- Open 10:00am to 10:00pm daily.
- To learn more, visit www.smashburger.com.