Last year’s BlogHer was so much more awesome than BlogHer 10 and BlogHer 10 was an amazing conference. Is it just me or does BlogHer get MORE awesome each year?
The session are usually packed. Great speakers. A good mix of topics for bloggers across the spectrum from newbies all the way to veterans. Truthfully, I attend one or two sessions and usually a keynote address, but that’s all and I’m O.K. There’s SO much going at BlogHer that it is impossible to do it all. Conference sessions. On-site events. Off-site parties. The Expo Hall.
Last year’s Expo Hall was just breathtaking. Huge. High ceilings. White walls. And because BlogHer was in San Diego you could almost hear the sea and feel the breezes. Aaaahhh.
Some of the booths were massive. Procter & Gamble built a house! So did Lowes! This years’s — BlogHer 12 — Expo Hall is shaping up to be just as good if not better. If you want to learn more about what’s happening at BlogHer 12 and meet people, you should join the Forum I manage. I’m the Community Manager for Mom Spark Forum. You’ll find discussion threads on events, parties, brands, and more. Plus, if you need a roomie or a travel buddy…then post to the Forum!
The brands I connected with at BlogHer 11 included:
- Baileys Coffee Creamer — one word…yum
- BillMyParents–great booth and awesome improv-type show at a sponsored lunch
- Chuck E Cheese–loved the blizzard of tickets booth!
- Chase Blueprint–relaxing hand/arm massages and a very sophisticated off-site party.
- Dannon — talked at length to someone from the French partner company, Danon
- CVS — got a coupon for shopping at CVS
- Dr. Scholl’s — received several products: a pair of inserts, a pair of foldable slippers
- Dove Chocolate — great booth with welcoming people working the booth and free Dove treats!
- etymotic — unknown-to-me at the time brand of ear buds, but salesperson explained the benefits of the product very well
- Hallmark — cool suite where you could mail a letter home
- Hershey’s — free S’Mores!
- Hot Wheels — great product but suite was sparcely decorated and booth staff could have explained product better
- HTC — love that I got a new phone for sharing my opinions…Win!
- Kudo’s — guys in hard hats handing out Kudos bars need I say more!
- Lindt– a childhood fave and I left with 2 bars of dark chocolate for my Dad
- Lowes–v. cool house and cute that it was next door to P&G’s house
- McDonald’s — good booth, but at BlogHer 10 they showcased more products
- Roseart — loved the gift basket you could win
- Michael Angelo’s — I never found a store with the product, but the sample I tried was delish
- P&G — always a hit and I got my pic taken with Mr. Dust–win!
- Pepsico–I only saw the Indira Nooyi keynote…but it was well worth. Nooyi spoke to me as a mom and a worker in succinct and down to earth terms
- philosophy—left the booth thinking that it was a website for girlfriends, but missed that the company is a skincare line.
- Pfizer–scored a bunch of OTC vitamins and a yoga mat.
- Playskool–love the Litzky ladies and whatever they rep!
- Popsalad–I was Team Orange and loved learning about a new site.
- Pressman — very good games and I left with a few samples
- Retailmenot — I think they had a blizzard of money…not sure…but I signed up for the service based on what I learned at their booth.
- Riceworks — I will buy the chips if I can find them locally.
- Scrubbing Bubbles
- Skinny Cow
- Tempur-Pedic — cute booth with beds you could lie on and pajama-clad booth workers
- Glad — love a good food storage container or bag. Left with a nice sample pack.
- The Mother Company — Very sweet DVD about feelings
- Best Buy
- Yankee Candle
- Brawny — got my pic taken with the Brawny dude
- California Raisins — sweet snacks
- Dole — left with a stack of coupons for free products
- Lee Jeans — didn’t get a free pair of jeans. Maybe next year?
I am the Community Manager for Mom Spark Media’s BlogHer 12 Forum. You can join the forum here…it’s free too. Want to find out more about the services that Mom Spark Media can offer brands? Bloggers?