From time to time I hear something and want to share with you…this is one of those times…
Mother & Daughters Instagram Memory Contest
L’Oréal Professionnel announced its Instagram Memory contest. Here’s what you do:
- Post a photo of your mother/daughter moments on Instagram.
- Use hashtag #ToMyMother or #ToMyDaughter and tag @LOrealProUS to enter.
- The contest ends on May 5th
- One Grand Prize winner will receive a free L’Oréal Professionnel US color service and a framed 24” x 24” print of their Instagram photo!
- 10 runner ups will also receive prints of their Instagram submissions.
- See official rules can be found here.
To stay in the loop…
South Beach Diet Creator Publishes New Book on Gluten
Arthur Agatston, MD, cardiologist and the creator of the “The South Beach Diet,” sat down with Yahoo! Finance & CNBC’s “Off the Cuff” to discuss his new book “The South Beach Diet: Gluten Solution” and how sensitivity to gluten has become the “stealth disease.” Some highlights from the episode:
- How he stumbled upon the effects of gluten: “The first phase of our South Beach diet was intentionally grain-free to prevent swings in blood sugar… People lost weight. They improved their blood chemistries. We expected that. What we didn’t expect was cures of psoriasis, of fibromyalgia, of several types of arthritis. And we kept seeing these really miraculous remissions of disease. I eventually realized that it was the gluten-free part, not just the grain-free, of the first phase of the diet.”
- On how gluten is affecting our children: “These kids with the asthma, the ear infections, the allergies—my friends did not have them when I grew up,” he said. “A lot of them do better when you take them off gluten.”
- On the soda ban: “I tend to be a libertarian. I think there’s too much government intervention,” he said, “I agree we shouldn’t be having gallon sodas. I think most of our resources should go into education rather than regulation.”
Watch the full, embeddable interview on Yahoo! Finance:
Experience the Spa at Home!
Happy National Spa Week! With summer just around the corner everyone is working overtime to complete final projects at school and get matters squared away at their jobs so they can indulge in some much-needed downtime. Unfortunately, racing against the clock to get vacation-ready leaves little time for the pampering we all need to look our best. Substituting painful facelifts and pricey manicures for equally effective at-home treatments can save us all some precious time—and leave extra cash in our wallets to splurge on that super-cute designer bathing suit!
Here are a few beauty products that can be added to your daily routine without having to drop big bucks at a spa:
MitoQ — Instead of Botox injections, use MitoQ. MitoQ is a new anti-aging face cream considered to be the most potent antioxidant on the market to date. Officially launching in the United States this spring, it is the only topical cream proven to deliver ubiquinone to mitochondria at levels shown to have an immense effect in rejuvenating the cells, encouraging the natural production of collagen and elastin and leaving skin looking radiant with a lit-from-within glow. Simply apply it before your makeup and your skin will start to look refreshed within days—no needles required! ($185, MitoQ.com)
VineVera Nail Kit — Instead of a manicure, use VineVera Nail Kit. Busy lives leave little time to hit the salon during the week, and weekends should be saved for time with family and friends. The VineVera Nail Kit provides the perfect tools to give your hands a quick sprucing up with professional results. Inside you’ll find a 3-step buffer for smoothing and shining, a nail file, cuticle oil and Resveratrol hand & body lotion. Resveratrol works to stimulate collagen synthesis and hydrate the skin, leaving your hands smoother and younger looking without leaving your home. (VineVera.com, $56)
Suki Exfoliae Body Cleanser — Instead of an expensive anti-cellulite treatment, use Suki Exfoliate Body Cleanser. This unique cleanser is formulated with caffeine and ginger to stimulate circulation, reduce cellulite & intense dry patches, smooth and even tone, eliminate impurities and bumps and create beautiful, touchable skin. Laser treatments can cost thousands of dollars, but Suki can help you achieve the same results just by hopping in the shower! (Sukiskincare.com, $34.95)
I was not compensated for this post. The views expressed in the post are my own. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.